Saturday 23 June 2012

June 23, 2012

Went with Arupeshananda Swami to Belur Math.  We saw General Secretary Maharaj, Girishananda Maharaj, Naren Maharaj, Nischeit Maharaj, Sunjeev Maharaj, and other Swamijis.  We also visited Uphen Maharaj, who is the last living diciple of Swami Shivananda.  He's 104 years old.  I'm going back this afternoon in the hopes of seeing him again, he's the very last of an entire generation whoe's still around.

I still can't believe I'm here, Arupeshji showed me the hostels which I'm going to be moving into next weekend, and we also went to the Ganga and too Belur's water treatment plant.  There's alot happening in this country and  it's hard for me to believe it's real.  Time passes incredibly slow here, something about the heat and the pace of living, and how new everything is for me, makes an hour seem like two or three.

Anyhow I'm happy, I successfully got the lunch servant to not feed me too much and also learned how to tie my dhoti in the way that the Bengali boys have to wear it.  Pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment