Tuesday 26 June 2012

Yesterday I went to Dakishineswar with Arupeshananda.  We went by boat and got there a little late so the place was a total zoo.  A Hindu temple is not a place for peaceful meditation at all and if you don't understand a great deal about the Hindu religion and culture (which I don't) I would not suggest visiting one.  Nevertheless it was a good experience, we saw just about everything in spite of the ridiculous crowds and we got to sit in the Master's room.

Everything's going fine here, just really busy, the Sanskrit kids are arriving today and I move into the dorm's Sunday.  The Swamis are taking good care of me.

 Belur Math Ferry Ghat
 Boat
 Boat

 River

 Garbage and bathers on the river bank


3 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! I am so proud of you Rippy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is definitley my favorite part of the day. Checking out the blog. I hope u'll still be able to devote a few mins every couple days to entertain us w your observations and insights. Your mind is fascinating!! Be careful tho pls, Honey, because you want not to hurt other's feelings w your humorous honesty. We sometimes can be a little brutal. Love u!
    Look forward to your next post,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed and just delighted to read your posts, as I was a student of R K Mission and also experienced some blessings from revered Maharajjis...so your writing just left me overjoyed.

    ReplyDelete